Well after a little rain today(which was quite enjoyable), I thought I would discuss the different times of the year. This summer has been very warm and beleive me it can be just too hot! I side with the people who believe if you come to live in a hot country then don't moan when it's hot. However there is a difference between being on holiday and being able to jump in the pool or have a cool clara(shandy) and working outside from early morning till late afternoon without being able to get out of the sun. As I live in a holiday resort the months of July and August having been very busy here but mainly with german, dutch and spanish holiday makers rather than brits.
Normally as these people head back to their own countries and work, the weather starts to cool and we can park our cars in the town centre again. Once we get to October, if it hasn't already, we get an outbreak of rain. This usually cools the swimming pools to a level where thay aren't comfortable unless you are fortunate to have yours heated.
In the run up to Christmas there are many fiesta days where the banks and many shops are closed. If there a couple in one week the spanish have a "puente" which means bridge and so they take the whole week off. I will go into depth about Christmas and New Year in a later post.
No comments:
Post a Comment